Friday, August 26, 2005

dinner


Green socks and bananas (no ham in the house) - what could be better?

Because just in case I didn't have enough to do already, I decided to figure 8 cast on (but without the figure 8, it works, Gathering of Lace explains all) for a pair of socks. The gen-eric-ius Wendy provides the basis for the generic pattern, the sock wool is part shhh-silk,
and the bananas are because how else could I afford shhh-silk.

Now, I know the flavour is for multi-coloured, and the smart favour intricate, but me, I'm still hooked on the novelty of a sock that actually fits. So I'll work out a pattern when I short-row the heel, and in the meantime I'll dream of silk-clad green toes.

So why did I decide to add to my pile of I must finish this? Well, gangrenous feet are my reward (yes, that shallow that I respond to bribes) for having cleared a treasure trove of paperwork today. For over 6 months, I have been making little stashes of filing, but today was the day they died. Hands up all those who hate filing, now eyes down to pick up stitches.